Once the mod is done, it has to be tested before it can be published. To do so follow this document.
Enable developer tools inside BeyondAR Game
First of all, you need to enable the developer tools inside the BeyondAR game. For that purpose, open BeyondAR game and go to "Menu" --> "Settings" and enable the "Developer tools". This setting will allow you to check the mod data and to refresh the list of the local mods.
Deploy the mod on your device
BeyondAR Game stores all the mods in /sdcard/Android/data/com.beyondar/mods. Just create a folder inside the mods folder and put all your content there. Once the mod is placed in the mod folder you can refresh the local mods in the app going to "Menu" --> "Refresh local mods". If the developer tools are enabled and you tap on a mod, a pop up will be displayed asking to show the details of the mod. Use this tool to check if the data entered in the mod is correct (like images, paths, id, actions, etc.).
There are a few ways to deploy your mod on your device but we recomend to install an FTP android server and deploy the data using a FTP client (like Filezilla) from your computer:
- Install the FTP server on your android device.
- Install the FTP client (like Filezilla) on your computer.
- Run the FTP server on your Android device.
- Using your FTP Client, connect to your Android device.
- Once you are connected to you android device, browse to /sdcard/Android/data/com.beyondar/mods/
- Create the folder that will contain your mod (for instance "beyondar.test.1").
- Upload all the xml and images to your android device (remember the "descriptor.xml" should be in you root mod folder).
- Launch BeyondAR.
- Enable the developer tools ("Menu" --> "Settings").
- Tap on your mod (if it is not present, refresh your local mods "Menu" --> "Refresh local mods").
- If you want to play the mod, first disable the developer tools.